- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Add flour to a plate. Season veal with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Dredge each portion of veal in flour and shake off excess flour.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a deep oven safe pot on medium high heat. Sear veal until golden brown on all sides (6-8 minutes on each side)
- Remove veal Osso Buco from the pot and set aside.
- Add ¼ cup olive oil to the pot. Then add in the onions, celery, garlic and anchovies and saute’ until softened and fragrant.
- Add olives, lemon zest, dried basil, bay leaves, thyme and mix. Pour in tomato sauce, whole peeled tomatoes, stock and wine. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add veal into the pot and bring to a simmer.
*If the pot is oven safe, cover with a lid and transfer to the oven to bake for 2 hours and 20 minutes. If not oven safe, transfer veal with sauce to a baking tray and cover with aluminium foil and bake for 2 hours and 20 minutes.
For the gremolata, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Serve Osso Buco with sauce over mashed potato or creamy polenta and add gremolata over the veal.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat