6 chicken thighs from Hudson Meats
1 pastry sheet from Hudson Meats
600ml stock (chicken stock from Hudson Meats mixed with water)
3 cloves finely chopped Organic Bellingen garlic from Hudson Meats
¼ cup Dijon mustard from Hudson Meats
150ml thickened cream
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
1 leek finely sliced
1 onion finely diced
200g brown mushrooms sliced
5 sprigs thyme
¼ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp whole black peppercorns
2 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pot on medium high heat. Add chicken thighs and season with 1 tsp salt and pepper. Sear each side until slightly browned (3-4 minutes on each side). Lower the heat to medium and pour stock. Bring to a boil.
- Remove chicken from pot after 20-25 minutes and dice chicken into bite sized pieces. Reserve stock.
- Add butter and olive oil to a saucepan. Add garlic, onions and leeks. Once softened and cooked through add mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add flour and mix well. Pour in reserved chicken stock, Add thyme and diced chicken, mix well. Add cream and Dijon mustard.
- Bring to a boil and season with salt and peppercorns.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Pour chicken pie filling to a baking dish. Lay the pastry on top, trim excess from the sides and then seal the edges. Make two small slits in the centre of the pie.
- Brush pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 180C and bake for further 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat