Serving size: 2-3
200g x 2 sirloin steak from Hudson Meats
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch ginger/galangal grated
1 inch lemongrass
1 bunch coriander including roots
4-5 dried red chillies (remove seeds)
1 thai red chilli
6 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
Juice and rind from 1 lime
1 head of lettuce sliced
120g cherry tomatoes each cut in half
½ red onion sliced thinly
1 cucumber diced into small pieces
½ cup fresh herbs each mint and/or basil
¼ cup peanuts
- Bring sirloin steak to room temperature and pat dry. Mix the marinade for the beef and pour over beef. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat skillet or pan over high heat. Cook steak for 4 minutes, then flip over and cook for additional 2 minutes. Optional - Remove beef from pan, slice and add back to pan. Turn down the heat to low, cover the pan and cook for additional 7-8 minutes for melt in the mouth beef.
- Blitz the salad dressing in a food processor.
- Pour over 2 tbsp of salad dressing on sliced steak. Set aside in fridge for 30 minutes or preferably overnight. If kept overnight, heat up sliced steak in a pan
- Add ingredients for salad to a salad bowl. Add sliced beef and pour in salad dressing. Mix and serve.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat