- Heat the oven to 170C and grease baking dish with a bit of the butter
- Slice panettone and cut each slice into two pieces. Butter slices lightly and arrange in the buttered dish. Butter the tops of the slices slightly.
- Whisk eggs, thickened cream milk, vanilla and caster sugar in a bowl and pour over panettone. Cover and let panettone rest for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of panettone slices and place the dish in a roasting pan in the oven. Pour water around the roasting pan(this allows the custard to set)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled down, slice, sprinkle icing sugar and serve with ice cream.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat