- Bring steak to room temperature and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season each steak with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the butter to a large frying pan over high heat. Once the butter starts to foam add 1 steak to the pan. Add half of the smashed garlic and half of the thyme to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on one side spooning the butter and garlic over the steak. Turn the steak over and cook for 2 minutes, spooning with butter from the pan.
- Remove from the pan and drizzle with butter, garlic and thyme from the pan.
- Repeat the step above for the second steak.
- Allow the steak to rest for 3-4 minutes before serving.
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, water until well combined.Pour over watercress and toss. Serve with steak.
Note- This method is for medium rare and for steak of ½ inch thickness, for well done cook steak on each side for 5 minutes.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat