8 beef skewers from Hudson Meats
Oil for brushing
Sesame seeds & sliced spring onion for garnish
1 minced garlic clove
1 tbsp minced spring onion
2 tbsp red miso paste
2 tbsp sriracha
3 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp melted peanut butter(optional)
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dipping sauce. Separate 2 tbsp of dipping sauce into a bowl.
- Heat barbecue hot plate or a large grill pan over high heat. Brush with oil. Place skewers on the grill for 5 minutes on one side. Lower the heat to medium low, flip skewers over and grill for 6-7 minutes or until charred at the edges. Brush skewers with reserved 2 tbsp dipping sauce and grill for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Load skewers onto a serving tray and serve with the dipping sauce, lettuce, kimchi and jasmine rice.
Alternatively, to bake in the oven
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a tray with baking paper. Place skewers on tray and brush with oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove tray from the oven and flip the skewers over. Place back in the oven to bake for further 10 minutes. Remove tray from the oven and brush skewers with reserved 2 tbsp dipping sauce. Place tray back in the oven for 5 minutes.