Turkey breast stuffed with chestnut and cranberry stuffing from Hudson Meats
125g unsalted butter melted
2 tbsp fresh rosemary(finely chopped)
2 tbsp fresh sage (finely chopped)
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp Ground pepper
1 jar chicken stock from Hudson Meats
3 tbsp cranberry sauce from Hudson Meats
Zest and juice from 1 Orange
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking, to let it come up to room temperature.
- Add butter, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix. Pour over turkey and rub in.
- Place turkey in a large roasting pan and pour ½ chicken stock with ½ cup water into the pan.
- Mix cranberry sauce, orange zest and orange juice in a bowl. Brush lightly over turkey.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove turkey from oven, add remaining stock to pan. Baste with juice from the pan and cranberry sauce. Return turkey to oven for further 45 minutes.
- Remove turkey pan from oven and discard aluminium foil
- Baste turkey with cranberry sauce foil and roast for further 25-30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from pan when juice runs clear when pierced in thickest part.. Cover with foil. Set aside to rest for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with cranberry sauce or gravy
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat