1kg grass-fed sirloin from Hudson Meats
1 bulb Bellingen organic garlic from Hudson Meats
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp crushed black pepper
12 sprigs of thyme + 4 sprigs of thyme finely chopped
150 ml + 1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp horseradish cream from Hudson Meats
6 tbsp sour cream
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Remove sirloin from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Score the fat cap of the roast with a sharp knife.
- Season with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped thyme (4 sprigs).
- Place seasoned roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place in oven and roast for 40 minutes for medium rare (cover roast with aluminium foil after the first 15 minutes of roasting to prevent the top from burning) .
- Prepare garlic infused olive oil by adding 150ml olive oil to a large frying pan on low heat. Add peeled garlic cloves and 12 sprigs of thyme. Allow to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Remove thyme and garlic from the pan. Smash garlic and add back to the pan.
- Transfer roast from the oven to the pan and increase the heat to medium high.
- Sear all sides until browned. Baste with garlic oil continuously.
- Remove from the pan and let the roast rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients for horseradish cream.
- Carve roast and serve with horseradish cream and sourdough buns.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat