3 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
700gm beef brisket
3/4 cup smoky BBQ sauce (Lillies Q)
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 onion, sliced
- Mix brisket rub all together in a bowl, ensuring you rub the beef brisket all over evenly. Place brisket in a large dish, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight. Leaving it overnight will intensify flavour.
- Mix smoky barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, water, together in a bowl, once combined pour into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place brisket into the sauce mixture.
- Don’t forget to add onions on top of brisket.
- Slow cooking is the key to a delicious tender brisket. Cook on low for 6 hours until brisket is very tender.
- At this point the brisket will be ready, rest for 10-15 minutes. The fun part starts... shred away to your desire and serve with your smoky delicious BBQ sauce.