2 portions of chicken breast from Hudson Meats cut into 1 inch pieces
380g bowtie pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
120g frozen green peas
1 bunch asparagus cut into 2inch pieces
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Juice from ½ lemon
300ml thickened cream
30g grated pecorino from Hudson Meats
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper and to serve with
½ cup fresh basil and to serve with
- Cook pasta in a pan of boiling salted water (following packet directions). Reserve 2 tbsp of pasta water. Drain and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, peas and asparagus. Sauté for a minute.
- Stir in the cream, lemon rind and reserved pasta water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta, fresh basil, lemon juice and half of the pecorino. Toss to combine
- Serve pasta into bowls. Top with remaining pecorino, pepper and basil.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat