- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Score chicken in the thickest parts and place in a bowl. Add harissa paste, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon, lemon rind and 8 cloves minced garlic over chicken. Mix thoroughly to coat chicken. Set aside for 30 minutes (optional).
- Arrange carrots, parsnips and onion in a large deep roasting tray. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and 2 cloves minced garlic. Toss to combine.
- Make space in the roasting tray and place marinated chicken skin side up.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Add stock. Bake for further 20 minutes
- Garnish with crushed walnuts/pine nuts, fresh dill, feta and fennel ribbons.
*Notes – if harissa paste does not include salt please add 1 tsp salt to chicken marinade.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat