PREP: 20 mins
COOK: 10 mins
500g pork neck
50ml Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
3 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground coriander seeds
2 tsp ground all spice
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
¼ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup Smokey BBQ sauce
4 Brioche burger buns
1 tbsp olive oil
4 medium fermented pickles
- Slice pork neck into 1cm-thick slices. Using a meat mallet, tenderise the pork and flatten to about 5mm-thin.
- Mix spices in a small bowl and rub into the meat. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with whiskey and mix well. Marinade in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Meanwhile, mix mustard and smoky barbecue sauce in a small jar. Cut brioche buns open and brush with a little olive oil. Slice pickles and place on a serving platter.
- Preheat barbecue to medium high. Cook pork neck slices for 2 minutes on each side, then turn again and cook for a further 1-2 minutes on both sides. Add brioche buns to the grill, cut side down and toast for a minute.
- Transfer buns and pork to the serving platter and serve with bbq mustard and pickles.
Recipe and image @wholesomecook