4 pork cutlets with rind on
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ jar Tracklements Mango and Chilli Chutney
½ gold topless pineapple
Small handful coriander leaves
- Using a sharp knife, remove rind from the cutlets along with about 6mm of the fat underneath. Score the rind, place strips on a baking tray lined with baking paper and rub with oil and salt.
- Place in a cold oven and heat to 180°C. Bake for 15-20 minutes from when the temperature reaches 180°C to render the fat. Increase heat to 240C and bake for a further 5 minutes for the crackling to crisp up. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, dollop a tablespoon of the chutney onto each cutlet and spread over the meat and fat. Flip and repeat on the other side. Make sure to use a clean spoon so that the raw meat does not contaminate the chutney.
- Peel and cut pineapple into logs. Cut lime in half.
- Preheat barbecue or grill-pan on medium-high and stand the cutlets, fat side down for 1-2 minutes to help render and caramelise some of the fat. Cook for 2 minutes on each side to sear.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add pineapple and lime and cook with the hood down, or covered, for another 10-12 minutes, turning both the pork and pineapple over every couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to rest fo 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove pineapple from the grill, cut into chunks and drizzle with grilled lime. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Recipe and image @wholesomecook