1 portion of confit duck from Hudson Meats
200g lentils du Puy from Hudson Meats
250ml chicken stock
200g baby spinach
1 carrot finely diced
½ red onion finely diced
1 celery stick finely diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 bay leaf
3-4 sprigs of thyme
1 tsp salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Remove excess fat and place duck skin side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Rinse lentils and soak in cold water.
- Add olive to a large pan on medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add carrots and celery, cook for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add lentils, stock, bay leaf and thyme.
- Mix in tomato paste and cook for 20-30 minutes until lentils are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add spinach and mix until wilted.
- Serve lentils in bowls and place duck in each bowl.
- Serve with crème fraiche on the side.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat