400g penne pasta from Hudson Meats
2 portions of braised beef cheeks (recipe for braised beef by Hudson Meats)
400g cherry tomatoes (tin)
1 jar Hudson Meats passata
200ml beef stock
100ml red wine
100g sun dried tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil from Hudson Meats
1 zucchini julienned
6 cloves minced garlic
1 red onion finely diced
2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tsp salt and pepper
100g grated pecorino from Hudson Meats
200g grated mozzarella
Torn fresh basil
- Shred beef cheeks or cut into bite sized pieces and set aside
- In a large sauce over medium heat, heat oil and saute onion.
- Add garlic, zucchini, dried chilli and shredded beef.
- Add wine and cook for a minute. Add beef stock, canned cherry tomatoes, passata, sundried tomatoes, rosemary and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or longer.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and add to the simmered sauce. Stir well to combine along with fresh basil. Transfer to a casserole dish and top with pecorino and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes.