750g diced beef
600g potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
1 leek finely sliced
1 onion finely chopped
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
300 ml beef stock
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
- Add olive oil to a large pot. Add beef and brown, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions, leeks, garlic and butter. Cook until fragrant and slightly charred. Return beef to the pan and add cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour in stock.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease casserole dish. Place half of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Pour in beef stew. Layer remaining potatoes over the mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove dish from the oven and brush potatoes with cream. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley.