5 chicken Maryland portions from Hudson Meats (pieces cut into two each)
2 tbsp olive oil from Hudson Meats
3cloves Bellingen garlic from Hudson Meats minced
500ml chicken stock from Hudson Meats
1 jar tomato sauce from Hudson Meats
250g lentils du puy
1 onion finely diced
½ inch minced ginger
1 tbsp + 1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
¼ tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Juice from ½ lemon
1 tbsp yogurt
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Pat dry chicken and add to a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and juice from ½ lemon. Mix and set aside to marinate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to an oven safe pan on medium high heat. Add chicken fat side down and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side to brown each piece.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining olive oil to the pan, add onions, ginger and garlic.
- Fry till translucent and add chilli flakes, turmeric, and 1 tsp smoked paprika. Add lentils and tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Place chicken back in the pan. Add stock.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Add yogurt and mix. Garnish with fresh basil
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat