1 lamb leg from Hudson Meats
1kg baby potatoes (optional)
6-8 cloves minced garlic
2 lemons (juice and lemon rind)
4-5 sprigs rosemary
2 tbsp sherry vinegar from Hudson Meats
2 tsp salt
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 cup finely chopped parsley
1 cup finely chopped coriander
8 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
1 habanero green chilli
2 sprigs rosemary
2 tsp coarse salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a roasting tray with aluminium foil. Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, make shallow cuts all over.
- Add ingredients for chimichurri to a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour half chimichurri to a separate bowl and add all the ingredients for marinade. Mix well.
- Place lamb (fat side up) on lined tray and pour over the marinade. Rub through thoroughly to make sure the marinade is evenly spread.
- Cover lamb with aluminium foil loosely and roast for 1 hour (baste with juice from the pan each). After 2 and a half hours remove foil to roast the top for the last 30 minutes.
Optional - hassleback potatoes
- Make small crosswise cuts in each potato. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt.
- Place in oven with lamb during the first hour and roast
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat