3 portions of lamb backstrap from Hudson Meats
12 cloves mince garlic
2 tsp sumac
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp yoghurt
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
400g vine ripened cherry tomatoes
300g halloumi sliced
2 bunches asparagus
Salt and pepper to season
Lemon, mint vinaigrette
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic minced
1 tbsp water
- Mix garlic, sumac, paprika, cumin, yoghurt, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Bring lamb backstrap to room temperature and pat dry. Place lamb into a large bowl and pour over marinade. Mix well to coat. Cover and refrigerate lamb for 2-4 hours to marinate.
- Heat barbeque on high heat. Grill lamb backstrap for 10-12 minutes, flipping the lamb over occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and asparagus in batches. Grill for 3-5 minutes. Add halloumi and grill for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove lamb and transfer to a board. Allow the lamb to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and drizzle over lamb, halloumi, asparagus and tomatoes.