1 leg of lamb - or half leg from Hudson Meats
1 whole garlic bulb peeled
5 sprigs rosemary
5 sprigs thyme
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup wholegrain mustard from Hudson Meats
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp crushed pepper
1 1/2 cup chicken broth from Hudson Meats
½ to 1 cup water
2 tbsp cranberry sauce - heaped tbsp (optional for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Blitz garlic, olive oil, herbs, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- Place lamb, fat side down and spread half of the blitzed mixture evenly over the lamb. Place lamb in a large roasting pan and flip lamb over fat side up. Add remaining herb mixture and rub in thoroughly into the scored cuts. Brush lightly with cranberry sauce.
- Pour half of the stock and half of the water in pan.
- Cover loosely with aluminium foil and roast for 2 hours. Remove from the oven and baste with juices from the pan and cranberry sauce. Pour remaining stock and water into the pan and roast for an additional hour.
- Remove aluminium foil, baste and roast for additional 20-25 minutes.
- Let the lamb rest 20 minutes before slicing.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat