Rib eye roast (2 pins) from Hudson Meats
1 tbsp salt
3 tbsp multicolour whole peppercorns
2 tbsp olive oil
4 sprigs rosemary
3 tbsp dijon mustard from Hudson Meats
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
5 cloves minced garlic
1 bulb of garlic cut in half
1 onion quartered
1 cup chicken stock from Hudson Meats
1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Pat beef dry with paper towels.
- Mix olive oil, mustard, balsamic vinegar and garlic. Rub roast all over with mixture.
- Coarsely crush peppercorns using pestle and mortar. Add rosemary and salt to mortar, mix well with peppercorns. sprinkle all over with kosher salt. Coat meat on all sides with peppercorns.
- Place beef in a roasting pan.
- Add garlic, onion, half of stock and water to the pan.
- Roast for 1 hour 40 minutes for medium rare. Half way through baste beef and replenish the pan with stock and water.
- Roast for additional 30 minutes for medium well done , cover with foil for these 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and let rest, uncovered, 30 minutes.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat