1 Lamb Shoulder from Hudson Meats
1 whole garlic bulb from Hudson Meats
1 jar tomato sauce from Hudson Meats
¼ cup and 1 tbsp garlic olive oil from Hudson Meats
750ml chicken stock from Hudson Meats
250g orzo or risoni
2 brown onions finely diced
1 whole lemon and zest
Mixed Greek all spice (recipe below)
1 cinnamon quill
1 bay leaf
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
Feta and fresh parsley for garnish
Homemade Greek all spice
4 tbsp dried oregano
2 sprigs thyme
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 170C
- Add garlic cloves, 2 tbsp tomato sauce, juice from 1 lemon, lemon rind, ¼ cup olive oil, Greek all spice, salt and pepper to a grinder. Grind to form a paste.
- Clean and pat dry lamb shoulder. Cut 6-8 slits across lamb shoulder. Pour paste and rub lamb to ensure all sides are covered with paste. Set aside for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large oven safe pan. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add cinnamon quill and bay leaf. Add remaining tomato paste and mic well. Carefully place lamb shoulder into the pan and pour in 1 cup of chicken stock. Cover and place pan in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip the lamb shoulder over.
- Add orzo to the sides of the pan with 2 cups of chicken stock. Mix and cover pan with lid.
- Place in the oven for an additional hour.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze fresh lemon, garnish with feta and parsley.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat