- Preheat oven to 180C
- Bring chickens to room temperature. Wash and clean the chickens. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Add olive oil, garlic, bulbs and white stalk from spring onions, juice and rind from 2 lemons to a blender and blitz. Pour into a bowl, whisk paprika, honey, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Make small cuts all over the chickens. Stuff cavity of each chicken with 1-2 tbsp of marinade and half lemon. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and massage.
- Place chickens on a grill in a roasting tray. Brush with olive oil and season lightly with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the chickens over, brush with olive oil and bake for further 20 minutes. Flip the chickens over and repeat brushing with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes (optional -increase heat to 200C to char the chicken).
- Shave carrots using a slicer or peeler into ribbons. Blanch snow peas by adding to boiling water for 2 minutes and transferring to iced water.
- Arrange carrots and snow peas in a bowl. Mix olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice in a bowl. Pour over carrots and snow peas and toss. Top off with sliced spring onions (green tops from the spring onions used for the marinade).
- Serve chicken with salad
Serving options: Add steamed white rice for a full meal
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat