2 portions chicken breast from Hudson Meats
1 clove Bellingen garlic from Hudson Meats sliced
3 tbsp garlic olive oil from Hudson Meats
1.2L chicken stock from Hudson Meats
1 brown onion finely diced
1 head cauliflower cut into florets
1 leek (sliced thinly)
2-3 sprigs of thyme
100ml coconut milk or cream(optional)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Garlic oil, sunflower seeds, coconut milk/cream for garnish
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large deep saucepan. Add chicken and season with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat and flip.
- Add 100ml chicken stock and turn down the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and shred using two forks. Pour any liquid from the pan to shredded chicken. Set aside
- Add 2tbsp olive oil to the same pan on medium. Add onion, garlic and leeks. Cook until softened.
- Add cauliflower, stock and thyme. Stir well. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Remove thyme. Using a stick blender, blitz until creamy.
- Add coconut milk and season.
- Serve into bowls and top with shredded chicken, garlic olive oil and coconut milk/cream.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat