750g rump steak from Hudson Meats
400g pappardelle rustichella pasta from Hudson Meats
500ml chicken stock or beef stock from Hudson Meats
3 tbsp Dijon mustard from Hudson Meats
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
300g mix of shitake and swiss brown mushrooms
1 brown onion finely sliced
4 cloves garlic minced
300ml sour cream
1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp water (optional)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
Handful fresh parsley
- Cut steak into thin strips
- Heat pan with olive oil on medium high heat, add steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until browned.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add pasta. Once cooked through till al dente drain and set aside.
- Remove steak from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook till translucent and add mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef and mix. Add Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and stock. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes then add sour cream. Stir until well incorporated and cook for 3-4 minutes. If the consistency isn’t thick to your liking add cornflour mixture, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Season with pepper and parsley. Serve over cooked pasta.