1 lamb rack from Hudson Meats
3 tablespoons and 1 tsp garlic olive oil and from Hudson Meats
2 tsp sherry vinegar Hudson Meats
2 tbsp yogurt
4 sprigs thyme
4 cloves crushed garlic
4 tbsp tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 fennel bulbs sliced
2 medium fennel bulbs, sliced lengthwise
2 red onions sliced
Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Bring lamb to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels and season with 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp garlic olive oil to a frying pan on medium high heat. Place lamb, fat side down and cook for 10 minutes on one side and 6 minutes on the other until both sides are browned.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Place lamb (fat side up) in a lined baking tray along with sliced fennel and onions.
- Add 2 tbsp garlic olive oil, sherry vinegar, yogurt, thyme, 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses, brown sugar, cumin powder, coriander powder, fennel seeds, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk to combine well. Coat both sides of the lamb rack with marinade. Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil over onion and fennel lightly.
- Roast lamb for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush 2 tsp pomegranate molasses over the top of the lamb rack. Cover lamb with aluminium foil and roast for additional 20 minutes.
- Let lamb rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat