4 portions of chicken thighs from Hudson Meats thinly sliced
250g dried rice noodles
2 tbsp olive oil
1 carrot julienned
3 shallots finely chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
80g bean sprouts
60g crushed peanuts
100g tofu cut into small cubes
3 eggs whisked
2 tbsp tamarind paste
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
4 tbsp palm/coconut sugar
Spring onion, lime, peanuts and chilli flakes for garnish
- Place rice noodles in a heatproof bowl and pour in boiling water to cover the noodles. Cover with a lid. After 5 minutes drain and wash with cold water.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a hot wok. Add carrot, garlic and shallots on medium high heat. Saute until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through for 4-5 minutes.
- Push chicken to the side and add eggs. Mix until lightly fried and toss with chicken. Add tofu and cook.
- Mix tamarind paste, fish sauce, oyster sauce and palm sugar separately. Pour sauce, bean sprouts and peanuts. Toss to combine well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with spring onion, peanuts, chilli flakes and a lime wedge.