1kg lamb chump chops from Hudson Meats
1L beef/chicken stock
2 cloves Bellingen garlic from Hudson Meats (minced)
1 onion thinly sliced
1 leek sliced
2 carrots (cut into ½ inch pieces)
500g potatoes (cut into 4 each)
10 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bouillon cube
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp + 1 tbsp pepper
Chopped parsley for garnish
- Bring lamb to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels. Cut lamb chump chops into chunks
- Season with 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium high heat. Add lamb, fat side down and cook until well browned on all sides.
- Remove lamb from pot and set aside. Add garlic and onions to the pan. Once the onions are browned, add leeks and cook till leeks have slightly softened.
- Add the lamb back into the pan. Add flour and mix until flour is well combined with the lamb.
- Pour in stock, beer and water. Place thyme and bay leaves in the pan. Cover and cook on medium low for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add bouillon cube, brown sugar and black pepper. Stir and add potatoes and carrots. Cover and cook for further 40 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately with toasted sourdough.
Recipe by Sarah Ahmed : @nourish.glow.repeat