Our Hudson Meats free-range turkeys are sourced from the Southern Highlands, NSW.
Each turkey breast is hand tied and you have to have the breast filled with our in-house made stuffings.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the turkey breast from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to cooking, to bring the turkey to room temperature.Rub the turkey all over with seasoned butter. Allow a cooking time of 30 minutes per Kg.
- Pour ½ cup water into baking tray. Turn the turkey halfway through cooking and replenish water every 30 minutes to stop juices from burning. Pierce the breast with a thin skewer to test whether turkey is cooked – the juices should run clear.
- Continue to baste with the seasoned butter and/or juices from the pan every 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, pull the oven door ajar and allow the breast to rest for 20 minutes, ensuring that the oven door is left open.
- Resting will allow the turkey breast to finish cooking and for the meat to relax.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with side of Cranberry sauce and turkey gravy.
Seasoned Butter: Melt 150g butter into a frying pan and drop in zest of 1 lemon. Warm over a gentle heat for a few minutes then tip into an electric blender and add 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme and 1 bay leaf. Whizz to pulverise herbs then tip into bowl. Stir in juice from 1 lemon, add salt & pepper.